Saturday 21 April, 2007

Sad but True!

April 20, 2007. 1545 IST.

I get ready to go to attend an extra class.
But for a change, i am not cribbing about the extra class. The professor asks us to go to the air-conditioned seminar hall, a soothing thought in the killing summer.

I encourage a few souls to attend the lecture, making them remember, this is the last lecture of college life!
I go there, sit in the hall. Start listening to the lecture, but was soon disinterested, as usual. So, my eyes roam around the class. The sinking feeling of departing from all these fellow classmates two weeks from now, sets in. With a slightly heavy heart, i stare at a few faces. The same faces i saw four years ago.....



Four years ago, when i entered the first lecture, sceptical and unsure (exactly as one of my teachers described me later, not that i still ain't), not knowing what to expect, but here i sit now, admist the same faces, heartfelt.

I cribbed about everything in the college, the rooms, the system, the exams, the teachers, the classmates, everyone and everything! And as the day nears, my heart goes heavier and heavier, for this very room, these very classmates.


Sad that i have to, but i have to, as i move on to another day, another morning, where i will have to make another set of friends, till one day comes, when i say goodbye to even them.......

Life's sad at times, but is still to be lived......

1 comment:

Thought said...

Life passes by and the end of the day, a happy contended feeling is what matter!